The 'Boy Was I Wrong!' Thread

Greg Pappas

Something fun for the All-star break...

Be open and honest as to your surefire player/coach/manager/management views that have come back to prove you wrong.

Younger players are still, well... young, things can change, but again... as of today, who was your "Boy was I wrong!":p

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like this topic.

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but the first one that comes to mind is:

I really thought for a little while that Luis Matos might be a legit CFer. Boy, was I wrong.

I was a Bigbie fan, myself.

Boy was I wrong.

I was really wrong about Luke Scott.

I also remember back when the question "who would you take, Roberts or Utley?" was actually a question that I answered Roberts to.

Theres others that don't come to mind, but I know I've been wrong alot :D.

Can we start a "boy was I right" thread where we can all toot our own horn.

In 2005 after our hot start, I thought we were going to win the division and play in the World Series.

Boy was I wrong.

I've got three admissions in this thread already. I guess that makes me the village idiot. I better stop while i'm ahead.

Add me to the Hairston over Roberts crowd..Also, i once called Luis Matos a young Moises Alou. Ouch.

As far as other teams, I once bought 100 Chris Hammond rookie cards..Oh, you've never heard of him? That's my point.

And I actually said on the radio filling in for Stan The Fan in March of 1997 that I didn't think Mariano Rivera could handle being a closer. Oops.

Archived